About Joanne Liu, CPA, CGA
Joanne YH Liu originally from Taiwan and immigrated to Canada in 1991. She enrolled in University of Victoria, and later graduated from the University of British Columbia with a BComm degree, majoring in Finance. After graduating from UBC, she worked in a local manufacturing company, serving as executive assistant/office manager. She was in charge of the company's accounting, and business development in Asia, and was successful in securing orders from publicly listed companies in Taiwan.
In 2000, Joanne transferred to a global bank where she served as the account manager, Private Banking and Personal Financial Services. During her banking career, she prepared, translated, and hosted various TV and radio programs and Financial Expo seminars for new immigrants on behalf of the bank. The topics included banking, investments, loans/mortgages, and trusts. She also was one of the members of the organizing committee and master of ceremonies for the banks' various functions and events.
To further her professional knowledge, Joanne decided to return to school in September 2008, and in nine months time I obtained a Diploma in Accounting at UBC with an average score of more than 88%. In February 2010, she joined a small sized public accounting firm. she was responsible for personal and corporate accounting and tax services, accounting software and staff training for corporate clients, non resident Canadian real estate rental and sales tax reporting, as well as audits.
On January 1, 2015, Joanne started her own public accounting firm in Richmond, BC.
Joanne has been serving on boards with various non-profit organizations and has also been invited as guest speaker for SUCCESS new immigrant financial seminars.
Holding both CPA,CGA and PFP accreditation and experience, Joanne YH Liu are capable of providing her clients with the holistic and enhanced services that are professional and comprehensive in both accounting and financial planning fields.
- Review engagement
- Compilation (Notice To Reader) engagement
- Bookkeeping services
- Personal income tax (T1)
- Corporate income tax (T2)
- Trust/Estate tax returns (T3)
- Non-resident disposition/renting Canadian real property related tax returns (T2062, Section 216, NR4, NR6)
- GST/HST new housing rebate
- Tax planning
Business consulting and other services
- Sole proprietor business registration
- Business incorporation (incorporation done by a lawyer)
- Accounting software set up and training
- Payroll services (including preparation of T4 & T5 slips)
- Government remittances (GST, PST, PD7A source deductions)
- Tax audits and appeals
- Voluntary disclosure program
- Estate planning and administration